The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999 require all employers to effectively plan, organise, control, monitor and review their health and safety systems and procedures.
For your health and safety policies and procedures to be effectively implemented, they need to be:
We can draft health and safety policies and procedures from scratch or simply review and update existing material. Whichever route you choose, we work closely with you to ensure legal compliance and workable procedures.
- Efficient use of time - our health and safety consultants know what legislation is relevant to your business and the best way to implement it
- Keep up to date - we can let you know when policies need to be reviewed due to new legislation or best practice
- Practical approach – our policies and procedures are written to be used, not to be filed and forgotten
- Practical, tailor made solutions to meet each client's unique business requirements
- Consultancy that can provide resource and expertise working with your existing team
- We can manage and deliver a full health and safety policy, plan and procedures for you
Project stages often include:
- A review of current health and safety procedures, systems and practices, comparing them against current legislation, guidelines and best practice
- Development of plans and policies for areas not already covered
- Recommendations for change and revision of existing policies
- Making the revisions
- Regular review of documents for which this is a legal requirement.
- Revision of health and safety procedures including risk assessment, management of contractors, manual handling, permit to work, inspections, etc.
- Development of a procedure for risk assessments of on-site working.